If you have had to close your doors or have been highly impacted by COVID-19, you could be eligible for the Queensland government’s Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program. Applications will close once the budget has been fully allocated and are processed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Therefore, you must act urgently if you intend to apply for this grant.
The available grant amount is up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business. The funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
The project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from approval date.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
You can apply for the grant here.